Maharshi Atreya Health Centre has developed its own unique method of Panchakarma to obtain maximum benefit from it. All the “KARMAS” (Steps or Actions of Panchakarma ) are tested scientifically with the help of different diagnostic tools on number of volunteers with different techniques and methods. Doctors at MAHC are experienced to prescribe proper Karma with particular ayurvedic technique of Panchakarma for cure of chronic diseases.
Maharshi Atreya Health Centre offers an Unique REJUVENATION THERAPY for those who are not suffering from any disease but wish to prevent it in future by cleaning and detoxification of body internally. REJUVENATION THERAPY is very helpful in today's stressful life where one has no time to take care of own health. MAHC recommends that every healthy human being should undergo REJUVENATION THERAPY once a year to be fit and healthy throughout the year.
Toxins (AMA) is produced & accumulated in our body as a result of
- Abnormal metabolism
- Wrong eating habits
- Junk food
- Lack of exercise
- Wrong thinking
- Environmental toxins entering in our body via - Food (Pesticides, Fertilizers), Water (Contamination), Air (Hazardous pollution release by automobile, factory), Skin
- Stress, Anxiety produced by today's fast life.
Elimination of these toxins is a natural body instinct but over a period of time, and in cases of DOSHA imbalance these wastes are not effectively eliminated from the body. These wastes tend to stick into the minute channels of the body known as the "SHROTAS" and start producing disease.
How diseases develop in the body?
Disease develop in the body in flowing manner:
- 1. Accumulation (SANCHAY): It is the accumulation of AMA (Toxins)
- 2. Intensification (PRAKOP): It is intensification of accumulation and imbalance of DOSHAS
- 3. Diffusion (PRASAR): A part of AMA (Toxins) travels in other part of body and accumulate there
- 4. Localization (STHAN SANSHRAYA): According to Ayurveda all DOSHAS have their fix place and quantity. Displacement of DOSHAS from their original place or change in their quantity give rise to disease condition.
- 5. Manifestation (VYAKTI): It is commencement of disease’s symptoms.
- Outbreak of Disease (BHED): Full picture of disease appear
- Panchakarma is considered to be the most radical way to cleanse the body and thereby eliminate, once and for all the disease caused by imbalanced DOSHA and the toxins.
Four stages of Disease
- SADHYA : Curable
- KASHTA-SADHYA : Difficult to cure
- YAPY : Disease will disappear till you take medicine
- ASADHYA : Incurable
- SHASTRA-SADHYA : Surgical
Scope of Panchakarma in different stages of disease
- SADHYA : Curable
Panchakarma done in curable stage of disease, results in complete cure of that disease
- KASHTA-SADHYA : Difficult to cure
If Panchakarma is done in KASHTA-SADHYA disease with proper life style and Ayurvedic herbal supplement, then disease can become curable.
- YAPY - Disease will disappear till you take medicine
If Panchakarma is done in YAPYA disease with proper life style and Ayurvedic herbal supplement, then disease can become curable.
- ASADHYA : Incurable
It has been observed that if the disease condition is neglected & proper care has not been taken, then curable disease can also become incurable.
If Panchakarma is done in early stage of ASADHYA disease, then disease can become curable.
Panchakarma done in ASADHYA disease can reduce intensity of symptoms and improves the quality of life.
- SHSHTRA-SADHYA : Surgical
It has been clearly mentioned in Ayurveda that patients with SHASTRA-SADHYA disease must be referred to physician following SHUSHRUT-SAMHITA (It is a textbook of Ayurveda, that describe diagnosis and treatment of surgical diseases)
Panchakarma is a part of the purification therapies of Ayurveda. "PANCH" means five and ‘Karma’ means actions so literally translated, it is a set of five systematic actions used for purification of the body. It is used to bring the aggravated "DOSHAS" imbalance in balance and to flush out the accumulated "AMA" toxins from the body using the normal modes of elimination like intestines, sweat glands and the urinary tract.
The Panchakarma is made up of three steps.
1 - Purvkarma:
This consists of the following steps:
- Snehan (Oleation therapy):-
medicated oils and ghee (clarified butter) are used. According to Ayurveda the Ghee (Clarified Butter) can travel between Cells of body very easily. Once The Ghee reaches to fine space between cells, all the fat soluble impurities are dissolved in Ghee and finally the Ghee is thrown in to rectum by the body. The Ghee containing Impurities is eliminated by VIRECHAN (Purgation). VIRECHAN is obtained by electro-balanced purgatives, so the balance of electrolytes is maintained in body in spite of induced diarrhea.
- Sweden (Steam Bath):- The Steam of medicated water helps opening fine pores on skin allowing the natural excretion path and heat of steam dilates the blood vessels allowing more blood to pass through muscles which supplies more nourishment.
2 - Actual Panchakarma:
The five steps of Actual Panchakarma are as follows:
- VAMAN:- Use of emetics – artificial vomiting is induced using herbs like, strong teas of licorice, salt and calamus. It is usually indicated for people with disorders of ‘KAPHA’ (phlegm).
- VIRECHAN:- Use of laxatives – A strong purgative like sienna or rhubarb is given. MAHC IS PERFORMING VIRECHAN WITH THE HELP OF ELECROLITE BALANCING PURGATIVE PREPARATION TO ELEMINATE TOXINS FROM THE BODY WITHOUT LOOSING ELECTROLYTE BALANCE OF BODY. It is normally used to eliminate high PITTA (fire) from its site in the small intestines.
use of medicated enemas – cleaning enemas are primarily used to dispel high VATA (air) from the colon and to remove AMA (Impurities). At MAHC we perform Basti with air tight, use and throw enema bags. NASYA: – Nasal administration – medicinal oils or herbal mixtures are inhaled or pour in nose by drops (mixed with oils or ghee). This stimulates the nerve ending of nasal cavities resulting in better blood circulation in the sinuses. It is also good for balancing the ‘PRNA VATA’. RAKTA MOKSHANA: – Blood letting – this is not much in use these a days except in oriental systems of medicine.
3 - Paschatkarma:
- SAMSARJAN KARMA:- On completion of Panchakarma a special diet and instructions are prescribed from Maharshi Atreya Health Centre according to PRAKRUTI (Constitution) and Life style. This diet helps the person to fulfil his/her calories requirement along with maintaining DOSHAS according to Ayurveda.
- RASAYAN:- It is a special form of tonification therapy. This is best done after the panchakarma. Special herbs are used to tone up the various systems of the body. The herbs are selected according to PRAKRUTI and Disease. The duration for Rasayan is decided by experience physician at Maharshi Atreya Health Centre
- MAHC also provides ‘Shirodhara’, ‘Shirobasti’, ‘Katibasti’, ‘Hradaybasti’, ‘Janubasti’, ‘Akshibasti’ and many more self developed ayurvedic procedure.
- Ayurveda recommends that everyone needs the Panchakarma. Ideally it should be done three times a year, at the turn of spring, fall and winter. Today’s hectic life may not permit us such a luxury Thus MAHC recommends that every healthy human being should undergo Panchakarma once a year to stay fit and healthy through out the year.
- One word of caution though, these are very specific and technical therapies and these should only and only be done under the supervision and direction of a well qualified Ayurvedic practitioner